Record Clubs have been around since the beginning of the record industry probably one of the best ways to build your collection if you don´t know where to start and discover new artists of your like. Vinylradar shows you the best options out there to help you to choose the best option for you.
Vinyl Me, Please is one of our favorite services, as it gives you a lot of flexibility and options to avoid frustrating un-wanted records. As the claim in their site Vinyl Me, Please was founded in 2013 and has since grown its monthly subscriptions to 30,000 while serving over 100,000 music fans across 40+ countries worldwide by offering one-of-a-kind vinyl pressings, diverse music-centric events, and content across all genres.
In their vast catalog, you can find from classic records to new albums from emerging artists, a definitive curated selection of new LPs from all genres.
- PRICE: Starting at 23$ for the US residents
- PROS: Flexibility (swap records), big catalog, Shipping costs included, Extras (liner notes books, printed art-work, cocktail recipes). Excellent customer service.
- CONS: Expensive if you live outside the US
SOME EXCLUSIVE RECORDS FROM VINYL ME, PLEASE
VNYL is known for being launched after a Kickstarter campaign and its founder referred to his service as being like “old-school Netflix.”
Choose your vibe. To sign up, fill out your music profile and (optionally) connect your Spotify account.
First, choose your plan and then choose your vibe. They have two categories of vibes — Essential and Curated. The Essential vibe includes the specific vinyl shown +2 more based on your music profile. Curated (#curated) will have all 3 new vinyl chosen by our curators based on your music tastes. Solo, the 1 record per month plan, members receive that 1 specific album in the vibe or 1 curated vinyl.
- PRICE: $39 if you live in the US, if not, add shipping
- PROS: Records especially curated for you, based on the vibes you choose.
- CONS: A little bit pricey if you are a non-US citizen. You have to trust in them, no examples in their website about records delivered
Wax & Stamp
“Each month, you get two records. You won’t know what they are until the land on your doorstep.
One will be chosen by us, but the other will be chosen by a guest selector – someone we admire in one way or another who can choose their favorite record that month.
The aim is that by the end of the year, you should have 24 of the best releases of the year, along with a network of other members to discuss the records with, share recommendations and swap new record ideas.
If you like the sound of that, then subscribe now and if you want to find out more – read our original introduction post here.” (INFO EXTRACTED FROM THEIR WEBSITE)
- PRICE: £30.00 excluding shipping outside the UK
- PROS: Two records every month curated by its founders and collaborators.
- CONS: You just have one plan or option to choose. You have to have faith in the selectors
The subscription to the Magnolia Record Club includes a curated record, an original art print, a note from the curator and free shipping.
Drew Holcomb, is the mind and heart behind this club. His wife, Ellie, gave him a record player as a wedding present. On their honeymoon, they made a stop at Amoeba Records in San Francisco and bought as many records as they could.
Years later after making his own records on vinyl, he decided to start Magnolia Record Club. This is a club of like-minded folks who love music, love vinyl, and love to be surprised by new music.
Curated by artists, not robots, Magnolia Record Club provides a unique vinyl listening experience that allows subscribers to discover new music from people they trust.
Subscription boxes include limited edition pressings, colored vinyl, and often times autographed records, listening notes from our artist-curators, new releases and more – not just a compressed audio file.
Featured artists have included: Chris Stapleton, Patty Griffin, The Lumineers, Jason Isbell, Joseph, Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors, Judah & the Lion, Lake Street Dive, Brandi Carlile, NEEDTOBREATHE, Lori McKenna, and more.
- PRICE: $27 US or 45€ if you live outside the US.
- PROS: Shipping included. Curated content and options to change records if you already have any of their selections. Every record they send is a limited edition vinyl, exclusive to club members.
Blind Tiger Record Club delivers curated vinyl delivered each month from the music style that members choose. Pick from either Alternative, Rock or Singer/Songwriter.
All of their vinyl are new/sealed full-length 12″ from artists of today. Many are double albums, 180 gram, and in some cases colored variant and hard to find imports.
They post each month’s curated album on their home page. You’ll also find them on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. No surprises, music you don’t like, or accidental duplicates. You’ll always know what you’re getting ahead of time.
- PROS: Well known records at times
- CONS: Well known records at times